The COVID- 19 lockdown has been a very difficult time for many businesses and locksmiths are no exception. At Liberty Locksmiths I am currently following Scottish government guidelines and only providing customers with essential locksmith services.
What are Essential Locksmith Services?
- Opening a lock if you are locked out of your house or locked inside your house
- Fitting a replacement lock if the lock can’t be picked and needs to be removed
- Upvc door repairs if the upvc door cannot be locked/unlocked
- Key cutting, if a new lock is fitted
What are Non-Essential Locksmith Services?
- Fitting or replacing locks on internal doors
- Fitting window locks
I am also taking the utmost care to minimise the risk of infection when I am carrying out emergency jobs. I want to keep both my customers and my own family safe at all times. I have therefore implemented the following safe working practices.
Liberty Locksmiths Safe Working Practices
When I attend a locksmith job I will
- Sanitise my hands with hand gel when I first arrive at your home
- Put on a fresh pair of disposable gloves
- Use a face mask
- Social distance (2m) for the time that I am working
- Not enter your property unless it is absolutely essential – I will work at the threshold
- Wipe down the door and lock with disinfectant wipes when I am finished
Unfortunately, if you or one of your household is self-isolating due to confirmed or suspected Covid-19 infection, I will NOT be able to provide any locksmith services. This is because full PPE protective suits, googles etc. would be necessary to keep safe.
However, if you are ‘shielding’ at home because you fall into a vulnerable category, then I can still attend your property. Please make me aware of your situation when you call me.
Liberty Locksmiths is an affordable, highly rated locksmith service for customers in Glasgow and the surrounding areas. Find out more about our full range of locksmith services or have a look at some of our recent 5*reviews.